Saturday, April 11, 2009

coming soon!!!





heres my garden from last may.... i just cant wait....its still cold and dreary and almost all brown and grey here...the garden today looks bare and cold and impossible..... i am so ready for spring!!!
this year i hope to leave the store a bit earlier everyday and get out there more.....at our other house the customers would go into the garden a lot...id see them sitting by the pond or just checking everything out.....and that was so nice.....its jons house now...and a playground......this garden is about 10 yrs old...and more formal....it started in our field...
somehow in spring everything seems possible i always lay out more than i could possibly get done.....we built a huge real pergola at the back of this, but never made any design or use of it.... now full of weeds and honeysuckle..... the whole garden is way over 100 ft long and that wide too.... kind of crazy....im going to have to go for more ground cover...its laid out in a big +....with 2 side gardens.......
so far, i have been rearranging and digging into my lovely compost...and trying not to decapitate the lilies...and just seeing whats coming up...
if you see me at the store with dirty nails....realize that i tried to clean up...but...i go out every morning before work... ...

4 comments:

red.neck chic said...

I can't wait to see your garden when you get it going again - it was beautiful in May!!! I would be spotted sitting in it - that is a fact! I wish I could send you some of my spring!!!

:-) robelyn

ann at greenoak said...

thanks robelyn. dont you just love being outside!! i never get tired of it....we have to wait a long time up here in corn country...
ann

Anonymous said...

That was MAY? I must be further north than you.
It took my breath away! I was at work and siad, OOhhh and they wanted to know what was up! :) Beautiful--I', drooling! Judy

ann at greenoak said...

thanks judy...its probably late may...i fill my planters in early may..... the misty garden is all white...or was...you know how phlox is!!! i have mostly whilte lilies and hostas there...and snow on the mountain which reseeds in there..and bridal wreath and a white rose that turned out to be pink......ill put some more on later....lots of it it really goes to weed ...but i try...
the rest is a big mix.....